We are looking for a Senior Node.js Developer who has extensive experience building back-end services and managing data exchange between the server and user-facing applications.
Responsibilities will include the development of back-end logic, definition and maintenance of the database and maintaining the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application.
You will work closely with the front-end developers in order to implement their components into the application.
- Create and maintain a few of the server-side services powering Allegrow
- Collaborate with front-end developers on combining their front-end elements and components with the server-side logic
- Write high quality, readable and testable code
- Design and optimise applications for high performance, high availability and low latency - we are growing fast
- Work on security and data protection
- Incorporate and manage data storage solutions (MySQL and DynamoDB are the main ones)
- You’ll own the full lifecycle of the services you’re working on, from designing them to growing, scaling and debugging them
Required Skills & Qualifications
- You’ve been using Node.js and the most common packages in the ecosystem in a high-load production environment
- Knowledge of server-side templating languages
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors
- Working knowledge of npm and the tools ecosystem
- Ability to model and apply authorization and permission control between users, systems and services
- Knowledge of how to incorporate different data sources and databases and how to deliver the optimal output to different client platforms (mobile vs desktop)
- Familiarity with how to create scalable Node.js applications - we’re using microservices
- Proficiency with databases and pragmatically modelling business processes through well-designed schemas
- Understanding of automated unit tests and testing platforms and how to implement and integrate them
- Thorough knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git and GitFlow