We are looking for a Junior Node.js Developer who has (some) experience building back-end services and managing data exchange between the server and user-facing applications.
Responsibilities will include the development of back-end logic, definition and maintenance of the database and maintaining the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application.
You will work closely with the front-end developers in order to implement their components into the application.
- Create and maintain some of the server-side services powering Allegrow
- Collaborate with front-end developers on combining their front-end elements and components with the server-side logic
- Write high quality, readable and testable code - this is big for us, but don’t worry, we’ll teach you how
- Design and optimise applications for high performance, high availability and low latency - we are growing fast
- Work on security and data protection
- Incorporate and manage data storage solutions (MySQL and DynamoDB are the main ones)
- You’ll own the full lifecycle of the services you’re working on, from designing them to growing, scaling and debugging them
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with Node.js and the most common packages in the ecosystem, such as Express
- You know what asynchronous programming means and you’ve used promises or async/await before
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3
- Working knowledge of npm and the tools ecosystem
- Experience with databases like MySQL or DynamoDB
- Understanding of automated testing and Jest
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git - ideally you’ve used it before in a team environment